Duckling ("DUCKLING") is provided by Blindspot Inc. (“BLINDSPOT INC.”) and we are committed to safeguarding your privacy. We currently collect specific userdata like “number of stories created”, the reason for this is to understand more about how our Application and Services are used, and to be able to give users better service. However Duckling users will always own and control their own data, and we are committed to safeguarding your data and privacy, as well as obtaining your permission to use your data in various ways.
We will only contact you, if you opted-in to receiving communication from us. An exception from this is, if there are updates, notifications or other information that we deem important regarding the Service or Application.
Capitalized terms used but not otherwise defined herein shall have their meanings set forth in our Terms of Service.
The following explains the ways we obtain personal information from you:
1. When you voluntarily give us information or permission to obtain it.
When you create a user account, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile, photo, stories, collections, media, comments, email address, and any other information you provide us. You can also choose to provide us with location data and media files stored in your device library. You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook, Twitter or Youtube account to DUCKLING, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts, including your list of friends, profile descriptions and the media you are storing. The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies.
2. Another way we get information is when you use our services, websites, or apps either directly through DUCKLING or through third parties.
The way we use the information we collect:
We use the information we collect to help make the Services and Application better, to develop new Services, and to protect DUCKLING and our users. We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates or notifications (such as when certain activity, like pokes or invitations, happens on DUCKLING), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include content and people you may be interested in. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Help your contacts find you on DUCKLING. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on DUCKLING when they first sign up for DUCKLING. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on DUCKLING using your email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever we do business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a DUCKLING account, many of the choices you have on DUCKLING are built directly in to the Service or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your showroom and settings at any time;
- Link or unlink your DUCKLING account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, or Youtube). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on DUCKLING to that service.
- Create or be added to private interests. Private interests are visible to you and other invited users.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your private collections and narratives from DUCKLING. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access DUCKLING. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How do we share the information we collect?
DUCKLING is designed as a way to better communicate with your friends and others with similar interests. When you publish or create information through our Service, anyone can view it. You may also provide us with showroom information that that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook, Twitter, or Youtube) when you’ve chosen to link to your DUCKLING account to those services or publish, your activity on DUCKLING to them. For example, you can choose to publish your narratives or collections to Facebook, Twitter, or Youtube.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- When we have your consent: We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
Our Services may not be used by Children under 13 Years of age without the content of a parent, teacher or school (or other guardian). DUCKLING is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use DUCKLING after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.